Finally, some recognition … I got nominated for the Liebster Award … by my sister of lovelifelaundry (you should totally go check out her blog because it’s awesome … and not just because she blingified my blog). I know, I know, getting nominated by your sister is a bit like going to your prom with your cousin, but I’ll take it, because aside from my numerous mentions of my intimate adventures with a sparkly wand, my blog is looking seriously lacklustre.
So what is the Liebster Award? Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserves some recognition and support to keep on blogging.
And apparently there are rules to accepting this award. Oh no, I can’t just be given an award with a round of applause and a pat on the back. I have to squint to read the T&C’s and prepare an acceptance speech. But if those are the hoops I need to jump through to be eligible for this award, I’m saying, bring on the hoops, circle them with fire if you must, but I’m jumping through ‘em.
The Rules: Written on Stone Tablets.
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and ask them your own questions
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations
Okay, so facts about me
- I am a girl (last time I checked).
- Garlic is the devil’s food.
- Spiders scare the bejeezus out of me.
- There’s nothing that a piece of cream cake can’t cure.
- I do not snore.
- I have a Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature.
- I have a thing about Union Jack memorabilia.
- I have siblings. Some I like more than others.
- My faith keeps me sane.
- My husband is my best friend.
- My son is my entire universe.
Answer Nominator’s Questions:
What is your greatest strength?
I can’t be all introspective on a Monday morning. Not eating that chocolate last night required iron will.
When was your proudest moment?
I know I should say giving birth and it was an incredible moment. But, pride wasn’t the emotion I felt at the time. It was elation, gratitude and pure unadulterated joy. But pride in my achievement was when I got my degree.
How long do you wait for a bus before giving up and going home?
Approximately 3 minutes before it arrives.
E-books or real books?
I love my Kindle. It goes with me everywhere and I can read vomit inducing books like 50 Shades without the public humiliation. But I do sometimes miss the feel and smell of paper books. Plus not being able to read in the bath is a bit of a bummer.
How far would you go to get what you want?
I am very lazy, so not very. Then again, I keep on having dates with sparkly wands, so I guess my answer is somewhere in between leaving butt imprint on couch and to the moon.
Whom would you invite round for dinner?
Anyone as long as they offered to clean up afterwards.
What is your biggest fear?
What makes you laugh out loud?
Dirty jokes. Love ‘em. I have a filthy mind.
Your greatest weakness?
Repetitive Strain Injury, makes my hand go really weak. Seriously though, my abject fear of failure. I am a failure at failing.
If I had one wish I would wish for…
That’s easy. Now let’s all say together “Babiezzz.”
If you had to come back in a different era, which one would it be?
200 years from now. It would be nice to see how it all turns out. Then again, oooh scary, do I really wanna know?
And the nominees are: Dum dum dum …. open gold envelope … in no particular order…
Firstly, I was going to nominate Alice, but my sis has taken that away from me and I can’t imagine Mad Hatter wanting to answer 11 more inane questions. But, Alice, I know how you love bling, so help yourself, take it twice, thrice even.
I’m going to nominate my favourite bloggers and I don’t care if they have 2 followers, 200 followers or 2 million. Fuck the rules. Yeah, I’m a rebel … a rebel in high heeled shoes.
Jen of Sips of Jen and Tonic, Sara of Laments and Lullabies, Becca of 25toFly, Isawbobdylaninaspeedo, Miss Four Eyes & Madame Weebles (for the DeanWinchester imagery). You should definitely go check out their blogs. They will make you laugh, cry and everything in between.
So nominees, I don’t want you to shoot me for nominating you and making you answer stupid questions, so I will try to make them easy for you.
- What is the square root of 473?
- Do you make sure that you wear correct day of the week underwear?
- If today will be tomorrow’s yesterday and today’s tomorrow, when’s tomorrow?
- What’s in your fridge right now?
- Shirts – hang up or fold?
- Does it piss you off when people spell your name wrong?
- What music are you listening to right now? I’m asking this because I’m fed up of the tunes on my ipod. Need some good recommendations.
- Pet names – love ‘em or hate ‘em? (I mean baby, sweetie, honey not Buster, Rover, Fluffles).
- Blogging in bed. Do you?
- Planes, trains or automobiles?
- How much do you hate me right now?
I think I’ve definitely earned my award. Woohoo! I have bling! I’m cheap and easy, a little award and I’m yours for life. Not that I’m begging … I would never do that … I still have my dignity …wait a second, no I don’t. Gimme, gimme, gimme!
- Inexpensive Chic Has Received The Liebster Blog Award (inexpensivechic.com)
- Liebster Blog Award – I am overwhelmed! (utesmile.wordpress.com)
- Nominees for the Liebster Award and questions for the nominees (This is part 2 of my I-actually-got-nominated-for-the-Liebster-Award post) (zfthrimej.wordpress.com)
- A Very Inspiring, Lovely Blog~ Written by a terrible person! (thecheekydiva.com)